BT-U Heat Technician
A-1 Able Pest Doctors Job Openings
BT-U Heat Technician (Entry Level)
Heat treatments are advanced technology, also known as Thermal Remediation. Heat treatments are safe, efficient, and are highly effective solutions for the control and elimination of bed bugs. Technicians utilize specialized mobile units within bed bug infested areas to heat and maintain air temperatures between 120F to 140F – the temperature range known to kill all stages of bed bug development.
BT-U Heat Technician Responsibilities
- Inspect environment and determine the key challenges to develop a plan of action to ensure the heat remediation is effective for the client.
- Design and carry out pest management in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company policy.
- Record accurately the detail and measurements of the service provided.
- Application of pesticides, baits, and non-chemical products in addition to the full utilization of the BT-U heating system.
- Work directly with customers, office representatives and management.
Qualities of a Professional Field Technician
- BT-U Heat technicians are representing the company and its co-workers while conducting the service at a client’s location.
- The BT-U Heat representative must conduct themselves professionally at all times.
- Empathy for the client is the responsibility of the field representative. Clients are at times in distress by the pest infestation. They have contacted A-1 Able Pest Doctors, and you as a representative, to eliminate the infestation while respecting their property, situational dynamics, financial situations, time restrictions, and numerous outside challenges.
- A good BT-U Heat representative will work with all the challenges above with the client to ensure they are meeting not only the service requirements but the expectations of the client.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to Detail: BT-U Heat technicians must pay careful attention to details. Detail in inspection, identification, observation, application, documentation.
- Math Skills and Measurements are a strong trait/quality in pest control. Measurement and calculations are a requirement of the position, in addition to billing and payment.
- Physical Abilities: BT-U Heat technicians need both physical strength and stamina. Heavy personal protective gear may be required at times. Environments can also mandate entering into cramped spaces, attics, frequent walking, climbing, kneeling, stooping, crawling, ladders, and heights. BT-U Heat technicians work in extreme heat environment during key intervals. Applicant must be able to work in heat levels from 120F-140F.
- Reasoning Skills: Determination of treatment methods, tools-equipment, protection equipment, material usage to ensure pest elimination while protecting the environment in every different situation is a requirement. BT-U Heat technicians must also evaluate benefits against potential costs and hazards.
- Driving Skills and Record: BT-U Heat technicians drive from client to client, often in a truck bearing special equipment and chemicals. At times this might be during challenging weather conditions. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record. Applicants will be required to provide a 5 year driving record.
- Experience driving and hauling trailers. CDL is a plus.
Education and Experience & Attributes
- High School Education or (GED)
- Route experience
- Strong 2 year work history
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Neat Appearance
Applicants and employees are required to attend company training and ride along training. No outside experience in pest control is required. A-1 Able Pest Doctors will provide all training, education, and licensing.
We emphasis that one of the best parts about being a “family member” of A-1 Able Pest Doctors is that we all like to serve. Serve our Community, co-workers, friends, and family to make their lives and ours better. We value our employees, their families and what they individually bring to the company. We are only as good as the people who make this company. We also provide:
- Education and all mandated training
- Licensing and Re-certifications
- Extended training and great potential for growth within the pest control industry
- Promotion from within
- Attractive wage compensation
- Medical and Life Insurance
- All tools, uniforms, vehicle, cell phone, iPads, literature, vehicles that will be required for you to succeed!